Tuesday, July 20

Different Digs

Yesterday we went out of the office and had lunch at the condo of our officemate, Bennet. The potluck affair had an ecclectic mix, with Indian-flavored minced beef and pita bread, homemade hot and sour soup, KFC chicken and sodas. Dessert was even better, with chewy apple pie-bars and delectable leche flan.
The last time I saw Bennet's place, it was sparsely furnished, hot and smelt of dog poo (he lives with his pug dog, Jack). But this time, the place was fully furnished in a nice, classy, black and white style, with nice artworks about and creature comforts like a TV and dvd player ready for watching. With the climate control on, staying there was cool and comfortable. From his bedroom you had a lovely view of the nearby Makati Sports Club, and the surrounding park. At night, with the subdued lighting of the condo, seeing the lights of the surrounding cityscape must be really something.

I could probably live like that... if I could afford it. But then, I can't really ask for anything more than The Sanctum. Classy furnishings aside, I have pretty much everything else a single guy could want, and then some. TV and videos aplenty, gaming, reading, aircon, internet, cable... and I don't pay rent! That's the best part, I guess. Heh... Well, I don't have the view, but I think having a cool garden to walk through at night makes up for the lack of lights.

Perhaps in another life, I'd have a condo in Makati, to go along with a killer-debonair lifestyle. But then, it really isn't me. At least, not yet. Heh.

No comments: