Sunday, September 19

Scares Sell

Incredibly enough, the campy "Horror-reality" TV show Nginiig: The Hidden Files is now available on VCD. It seems that this show has proven to be a hit to Pinoys, having apparently found the niche of providing Filipinos with creepy scares every week. Despite the thoroughly irritating interface with teen-star hosts and hokey psychics, Nginiig shows off creepy vignettes of hauntings which are actually quite well done in terms of production values- a step above the classic Magandang Gabi, Bayan Halloween Specials I used to wait for every year.
Which brings me to a bit of an epiphany. Scares sell... I wonder if it would be cool to have a scary manga series? Something like the Ghosts At School anime on Animax. What comes to mind first is my old, old, old unpublished title, Smoke and Mirrors, which was about an eccentric and beautiful psychic and her new assistant as they hunt supernatural cases. Another possibility is to just continue doing Nikki Alfar's K.C. Strange, our already-published street-smart detective and mystic. Or maybe, I should just do something totally new.

Well, whatever. We'll see what we can do after I tidy up my plate.

No comments: