Monday, November 1

Malloween

I left the house just past lunch yesterday on a quest for a copy of DOA Ultimate, and whatever else I can scrounge for the Todos Los Santos holiday. It was a bit of a trick to catch a cab when the traffic going into Marikina and the nearby Loyola Cemetary is non-stop, but I did it. From there on though, it was clear sailing since the roads were pretty much clear of traffic thanks to the absence of a good portion of the population.
Greenhills, the 'dibidi' black market seems stinkier than ever, and the pirates noisier and just as intrusive as ever. I looked and searched and asked but to no avail... DOA Ultimate isn't here yet. Excuse me for a moment while I shed a tear.

Okay. I head off to Megamall after my fruitless Greenhills foray, but with a brief stop at The Podium. I found the classy mall filled with young trick-or-treaters. Apparently, the major malls have made Halloween a bonafide kiddie event for the year. This is the first time I have seen the foreign pagan festival celebrated with such hubbub. I spent some time eyeing the costumes even as I went to the Podium's video store, still looking for DOAU. After I saw a grown man in a Zorro outfit though, I resolved to head off.
Megamall is much larger than Podium, and so had exponentially far more trick-or-treaters tramping about, asking for candy and giveaways from the many stores. Vin was there at Comic Quest, doubtlessly finding some pleasure in seeing the funny costumes. After my search for DOAU at the Cyber Zone proved in vain, I decided not to let the day be a complete waste by watching The Grudge (US remake starring Sarah Michelle Gellar). Afterwards, Vin and I had dinner at Rai Rai Ken (The BEST katsu-curry rice meal) and then it was off to home.

No comments: