Wednesday, October 6

New Phone on the Block


Sony Ericsson's S700i is in town.

Okay, for a change let me stop rambling about my P910i for awhile. Sony Ericsson's new flagship phone, the S700i is now available in the Metro's cellphone shops. For those not as tech-savvy as me, the S-phone is a swivel-type phone- sorta like a switchblade. In 'closed' mode it looks sorta like a chunky PDA (or like one of those concept cars of the future). But rotate it open and it reveal a keypad for texting and dialing numbers. The 2.3" screen is HUGE, with an 18-bit TFT display of 262k colors (putting it at the same depth as the P910i). The screen is perfect for images, which is great since the main feature of the S700i is a 1.3 megapixel camera that should rival or even exceed Nokia's 7610 in terms of cameraphone photo quality.
Aside from the camera, the phone also comes with an integrated FM radio, MP3 player and video player.

The rich features, great camera, unusual design and huge screen should make this mobile the latest phone of desire for gadget freaks. Me? Nah. I'm staying with my smartphone. But I'd love to get a chance to look at this new model and try the camera for a bit.

BTW, the pic above was taken with my P910i... pretty good, despite being a VGA cam, right? Heh.

No comments: