Saturday, June 18

Ye Olde Spaghetti Place

As you can probably tell if you've read my blog for some time, I love pasta. Especially spaghetti. And so, it was with a bit of excitement that I went with the Salt Mines Staff to have lunch at The Old Spaghetti House yesterday. The place has a nice, cozy feel to it... with wooden panels and accents in addition to brick and mortal walls, old-style decor and some nice furnishing (if a bit crowded). The place seems to do good business during lunch, with a full house at the time we were dining.

Anyway, the menu predictably consisted of lots of pasta meals, mainly spaghetti (though there is a selection of other pasta and favorites like lasagna) and some odds and ends like rice meals. To keep with the program, I ordered the basic Spaghetti with Meatballs, which I really haven't tasted done well in other places. Well, I wasn't disappointed. No, it's not Mom's Spaghetti, but the noodles were al dente, the sauce nice and tasty, and the meatballs really good with a steak-sirloin quality of flavor. Along with my main course, I had a nice bowl of cream of corn and chorizo soup (really nice, albeit slightly salty) and a LOT of ice tea (bottomless) to wash it all down.
The price is the usual for a classy place- Php200 will get you a dish and drinks easy. Having extras (like me) will push your meal to just under Php300. Our gripe? One of our mates had to wait a good long while for her order, while the rest of us had our meals early. Otherwise, it was a good meal overall.

I know that there are more OSH's elswhere, like in Libis. I hope to get the Quest Gang to try a meal or two there, for some really good spaghetti. After all, my birthday only comes once a year. Heh.

No comments: