Thursday, February 9

Feeling Nutty

On a whim, I had a very different kind of dinner the other day. I went to NY Diner (or something like that)at the Food Court in Cubao's Gateway Mall and tried their Bacon-Banana Peanut Butter and Jelly Twister sandwich. This is very similar if not the same sandwich that was supposedly THE favorite of 'The King' himself, Elvis Presley (who reputedly ate several sandwiches in single sittings).

How does a bacon-banana-peanut butter and jelly sandwich taste like? Actually... NOT BAD. Weird, definitely weird... and I really felt pretty queasy eating something that seemed to be a cross between a savoury and sweet concoction. But the bacon was there, the banana sort of quelled the otherwise very sweet peanut butter and the jelly was just... there. All in all, I felt strange eating it, but a day later I am actually not averse to repeating the experience. No, I'm not craving it, but I'm quite ready to eat it again. Though probably next time as a snack, and not dinner.

Oh, and I probably won't be eating this too often... knowing how Elvis ended up. Heh.

No comments: