Monday, April 3

Better Memory

Yesterday I went off to Greenhills with my bud Pot for our usual Sunday lakwatsa. My particular goal on this day was to fish for the value of my O2 XDA II Mini and perhaps trade it in and upgrade to an XDA IIi.

Okay, the techies out there may ask, why would I go back to the bigger IIi when I already upgraded from my previous XDA II to the smaller, more portable and pocketable Mini? Well, to be honest it will be a bit of a jar to go back to a bigger PDA Phone after spending almost a year with my Mini. However, I've been eyeing the increased memory capability, faster processor and bigger screen of the IIi for a while.
The thing is, I haven't been able to find a 2 GB SD Card that works with my Mini- the available Ridata 150x speed cards don't work, and the Sandisk cards I've been waiting for have never arrived. And so, I was set for upgrading.

Well, it turns out that my loveable Mini, complete with all accessories, box and manual, fetches a grand 12k in the Greenhills market. WOT DA FOK? Twelve is a cheap Nokia or Sony Ericsson. Twelve is NOT a full-powered PPC Phone. I resolved to NOT sell or trade in my phone anymore. Cheap bastards.

The good news is, as I wandered elsewhere a bit after that disappointment, I found a new 2GB 120x speed SD Card in Infomax at Theater Mall... and the guy behind the counter was nice enough to let me try if the card worked on my Mini (I'd have to buy it though). And what do you know? It worked!

Now my O2 Mini is a 2 gig-monster. I've got the whole 3rd Season of Justice League Unlimited plus episodes of the super cool Avatar: The Last Airbender loaded as well as a ton of other stuff. Coolness.

Looks like I'll be hanging onto my little powerhouse for the forseeable future. Which suits me just fine. WOOHOO!!!

No comments: