Saturday, October 24

Komikon 2009!


Congratulations, Mangaholix!

Thanks to everyone who went to Komikon 2009 last week at the Megatrade Hall in SM Megamall! Though I myself wasn't a direct participant with my own booth, I went there to see my Komik Komrades at Mangaholix Presents and Groundbreakers Inc., as they manned the tables for some all-day sketching sessions and meeting readers. Of course, I also was able to share a bit of spotlight with my Main Man Kriss Sison, artist extraordinaire of Ninja Girl KO!, since we won this year's Komikon Award for Best Comic Character of the Year for our heroine, Michiko Yamashita. Kriss also picked up the Grassroot Award for his ashcan epic, Nurse Macho!


Standing Guard at Komikon.


Kriss Sison and Ian Cang man the Mangaholix Booth.

I spent most of the Kon just milling about, grabbing all the comics and indies that caught my eye. Among these were the latest stuff from Budjette Tan and Ka-Jo Baldisimo, including Trese: Mass Murders and the second installment of Skyworld. Great stuff!


The Ol' Alamat Crew, Together Again! Well, Kinda.

At the end of the day, I was tired and thirsty, hungry and hoarse from all the commotion. I slipped out for a Thai Halo-Halo somewhere quiet and looked over the booty. Unfortunately Komikon was sharing the day with SM's Three-Day-Sale, and I just couldn't take the massive crowds choking the whole place. So I bailed early on, leaving while the leaving was good. In all though, an awesome Kon! The next big comics event will be M3Con this November. See you all there then!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! nice shot. I miss you guys!!!! ((huggies))

Cams ^_^