Monday, November 22

My Story So Far...

It's been a while since I last posted on this blog. Things have happened, or not happened as the case may be.

I haven't been able to post much here, since, well, blogging on the personal journal isn't as eventful as it was before, and sadly, the circle of friends and readers that once made this kind of intimate writing has long since gone. On the comic side, I haven't been as active as I was before in terms of local indie publishing. For the most part I write for comics these days, but don't do the art. It's proven to be, for the most part, a lot more profitable, if not as creatively satisfying.

For the most part I've been game-blogging on my other current blog, The Lone Gamer. It's proven to be fun and continues to be my daily writing stint. However, I do miss the days when I could just blog about lunch or something weird that comes to mind that doesn't involve videogames.

The longtime, long-standing Angel Ace website is gone. Poof. Dead. Nada. Gone without so much as a goodbye or a whimper, aside from an entry in Facebook. It has been lingering all these years, but now it's really gone. I just declined to pay the bi-annual fee and it was no more. Well, in the end it was for the better. I can do better.

So what happens now?

2010 is pretty much gone. Too late for this year. But I think I may make 2011 a bit different. I'll try my darndest to get back into making comics next year. With the help of some friends, and perhaps the egging of some fans (if they're still out there). I want to make something all new. Or something familiar. Or both. We'll see.

In any case, I don't think I'll be taking down this blog anytime soon. It's still here for me to post on, to take down my thoughts, to rant or rave on whatever comes to mind. Anyone and everyone is welcome to chime in.

And that's all there is to say right now. Later then!

2 comments:

zemzelett said...

What? For goodness' sake NOOOOOO! This better not be the end of Angel Ace! I'm sure there are plenty of others out there waiting for an Angel Ace revival, so please don't give up on it just yet!

I'd have chimed in earlier, but I completely forgot I had a Blogger account...

MARCO A. DIMAANO said...

Hello, Zem! Been a while!

Don't worry... I will return to Angel someday, maybe sooner, maybe later. But I will. When it happens, this blog will be one of the places where I post about it.

The old Angel Ace site was just, well, old. And outdated, and I just didn't want to spend the fees to keep it up with it as it was. I can do better. And fans of Angel deserve better.

Later then, Zem! Thanks for chiming in, indeed.

^_^