Sunday, July 25

Searing Documentary

I remember back in my college days watching the Oliver Stone film JFK. All of my friends and I were appalled, amazed, horrified and affected by the events in it. It opened our eyes to conspiracy, to how even a president of the US, the most powerful man in the world, could be endangered by corruption and power plays.

Now, years and years later, after watching the documentary film Fahrenheit 9/11 by filmmaker Michael Moore, I've gone through those old feelings again. Times TEN. JFK was nothing. NOTHING compared to what I felt at the end of watching Fahrenheit 9/11.

I'll never believe another U.S.-made propaganda ever again without taking it with a grain of salt and a ton of cynicism.

I'll never watch FOX News again. Even CNN is suspect. You can't trust them. Not ever again.

When I see the crowds of Americans chanting 'USA, USA' in a WWE show when booing stereotypical heel wrestlers like the French La Resistance, I can't help but feel for the so-called "bad guys".

I now find it hard to believe that Truth and Justice comprise the American Way.

I feel outraged that all this time we were fooled into believing all the lies about Iraq, Al Qaeda, Saddam Hussein and Wars on Terror.

GOD DAMN. They destroyed a nation for money. Not for lofty ideals, not for keeping the world safe, not even for keeping America safe. It was all for FRICKIN' money. They KILLED kids and women and innocents in the name of freedom, but it was all for FUCKING MONEY. GOD DAMN.

If this all seems gibberish, it's because my mind is reeling. It's all because of that film and what it revealed.

Grab a copy of Fahrenheit 9/11. Watch it with your parents, your friends, your co-workers. Watch it with your community if you can.

Powerful stuff. Watch and start seeing the news in a whole new light. I just hope enough Americans see this and come to their senses in time to change the order come the elections in November. RUN THE FRICKIN' BASTARDS FROM THE OFFICE.

DAMN.

No comments: