Tuesday, September 7

Boots are made for Walking

Last night I scoured Megamall for a nice, good pair of everyday walking shoes. At first, I looked in Shoemart, and ALMOST got tempted into buying a pair of Hush Puppies. However, I really had only one brand in mind- Doc Marten's. The last time I had DM's was waaaaaaaay back in college, when my mom gave me a pair she bought from the States. I was immediately impressed by the soft, supple yet strong leather and soles, and the solid and cool look they had. I wore that pair for years and years. This is the first time since finally retiring my old pair that I've gotten Docs again, and it feels good. I'm going to be doing a lot of walking in them from now on.
And it's just as well- I've decided to cut down on expenses, and one of the bigger drains on my cash is my taking a cab to work everyday in the morning. It started about a month or two ago, and it's really a habit that's hard to break. It's so easy to just throw money at a problem- this particular being my dislike at walking too much and crowding into MRTs with other people. But if I'm going to have the money for K.I.A later this year, I'm going to have to tighten the ol' belt. Anyway, I really need the exercise, and riding in cabs all the time in the morning makes me prone to dozing off in the taxis, and that just makes me all sluggish and sleepy the whole day.
And so, it's back to walking the beat. Get up early in the morning, take my vitamins, walk the walk, then talk the talk and earn the pay so that we get to enjoy at the end of the day. That's the ticket. Heh.

No comments: