Wednesday, May 26

French

Even though I often save up on taxi fare in the mornings nowadays, I still end up spending almost the same amount everyday in the AM. This is because that instead of spending on the commute, I am now spending on breakfast. And since there aren't any McDonald's in the vicinity, I always find myself at Deli France.
Yep, Deli France. I really shouldn't like the place- they play Enya over and over and over, and the service usually stinks (the counter staff never seem to listen to me well enough). But at the very least, their bread- French baguettes and croissants- are tops. Well, I think they are. I assume that REAL French-made bread is probably ten times better, just like real dimsum in Hong Kong is probably ten times better than anything from the local Chowking. Well, since the last authentic French restaurant I knew, The Blue Frog at Malate, closed down the last time I checked, Deli France is the best I can go. Oh well.
Now if only I could venture out of ordering the SAME bacon and egg plate every single morning...

No comments: