Wednesday, August 4

Dubbing Duds

Last night, I was watching another english Getbackers episode on the now-english Animax and whomever operating the sound flubbed up so that the dialogue was delayed and off-cue by about 5 seconds.

Tonight, I watched an episode of the anime Stratos 4. And I have to say... this has one of the worst english dubs I've ever heard.

Out-of-place accents ALL OVER THE PLACE. Southern accents. Bwookwyn accents. Why does one character sound like a mobster?

The female heroines don't sound like cute teens... they just sound like munchkins. One sounded like Laverne on helium. At some times, they just sound plain stupid. I actually think at least two characters were voiced by one actress, hence some exaggerated characterizations.

During an action scene, you can just plainly see that the actors can't manage to do the required voicework- their unconvincing grunts actually sound bored and random.

My gosh... If you're gonna replace the top-quality voices and acting of the original shows, at least do it with COMPETENT performers.

FEH. English Animax... sucks...

No comments: