Saturday, August 7

Hard Choices

Over a Chicken ala Kiev dinner at Classic Roast in Megamall a couple of nights ago, Vin, Dean and Gig grilled me on some hard choices.

Streetfighter or Tekken? Streetfighter, I'd have to say. The classic Capcom brawler is still the best, pound for pound, blow per blow.

PS2 or Xbox? DAMN this was hard. The PS2 had the numbers- the greater number of games and franchises, variety and star power. But the Xbox had Dead or Alive, and the library was getting better and better. I went with the future.

Videogames or Anime? Anime. No question. More often than not, I'd rather watch than play. Hmm. That sounded a bit naughty...

And of course... the clincher...

Angel or Kai?

Actually, this wasn't as hard as the other questions.

She's my lead heroine, my first baby and my golden girl... and while Angel will always have a special place in my heart, if I had to make a choice between one and the other, I'd take the angrier, more angsty, more tempermental, more fickle ninja girl.
Kai's adventures are darker and sexier, and she can go where Angel shouldn't or wouldn't go, and always looks great at it. While Angel is a bright, fun and colorful book you can open up anytime for a great read, Kai is a guilty-pleasure mag that you enjoy best in your favorite corner all by your lonesome. Heh.

And of course, I can share those guilty-pleasure adventures with readers in a few months, when we bring out K.I.A.. The book just came one step closer to becoming a reality. In about a month, after I finish the remaining art chores and production preparations, we'll be heading to the printers. WOOHOO!!!

As for the choices, I'm of course glad that they're all just hypothetical and I don't really need to choose between any of them. In these cases, I can have my cake AND my pie, and eat them as much as I want. HOHO.

No comments: