Wednesday, April 13

Body Clock

It never fails. If I have something at work that requires me to go early in the morning, I usually make it a point to go to bed a lot earlier than usual- say, midnight or so.

The odd thing is, eveytime I do so, I end up waking up too early, at which point I go back to bed and then wake up a couple of hours later, groggier than ever. BAH.

I had a nine o' clock thing today, so I got to bed at about midnight. Woke up at about 2 AM. Bile, bitter-sweet bile, rose to my throat and you know, that really SUCKS to have that taste in the back of your mouth. I go to the bathroom to gargle and try to clear my throat of the taste. My Dad hears me and then he thinks I have a throat thing like I did weeks ago and he says that I am still having that throat thing (which I don't) because I don't follow his instructions to gargle thoroughly hot salt water and swallow it after (Ugh). Well, I didn't, really, but then I didn't have the throat thing either. I tried explaining this, but gave up after a couple of fumbling words.

"No, no, it's not my throat- well it is but not what you think. It's just that bile rose up..."

My words trail off and I drink some water to clear my throat. My brain wasn't working well. It's darn 2 AM and I woke up five hours too early.

Flopped back into bed. Woke up again at 6:30 AM, an hour before my alarm clock rings. The thing is with airconditioned rooms, it seems to suck out all your moisture so my lips and throat are parched. I go out and have a drink of cold water, then flop back in. I hover between sleep and waiting as the seconds tick to the loud alarm.

So when it finally does come, I'm groggy. Can't complain though... I'm up and sleep has more or less given its quota. Off to take on the rest of the day. Yay.

No comments: