Friday, February 11

It is HERE.

Tekken 5 is in Manila!!!

Yep. Last night, I found the latest King of Iron Fist tournament brawler, surrounded by gamefans and hardcore players trying out the new game, complete with memory cards for you to save your records, acquired items and accessories. The game looks great, although still a bit too much of the lackluster Tekken 4 seems to linger in the graphics. The gameplay though looks pretty cool, if a bit too combo and juggle heavy for my tastes. Contrary to what has been stated, it appears that reports of Heihachi Mishima's demise are greatly exaggerated- The machine had all the unlockable characters selectable from the get-go, and old Hei's one of them.
I got my memory card and my game card ready, but I wasn't able to play yet, since the rabid Tekken fanboys and giddy weirdos were all over it like bees on honey. We'll try tonight... anyway, this is just all prologue to the PS2 version, due in a couple of months. WOOHOO! Tekken fever's back in town.

No comments: