Friday, January 28

A Minute Meal

A day or two ago, I found myself at the drop-off point without having dinner yet. Not wanting to get any microwaved fare from the nearby 7-11, I instead decided to have my meal at the nearby Minute Burger. Now, in the restaurant sub-group of burgers that is the street-level burger (chief of which is the ubiquitous Burger Machine), Minute Burger is firmly in the middle. It's been there for years and years- I actually remember going to Minute Burger when I was a kid throughout late elementary to high school. A few years ago they actually advertised on TV, but these days they just are there. I'm not privy to the actual financial viability of Minute Burger, but they're still around so whatever.
Anyway, the last time I ate at Minute Burger was years ago, probably. I remember that Minute Burger is the only burger place that actually has their people go into buses along EDSA, bringing burgers along to sell to the passengers. Of course, I never bought a burger this way... I want my streetburger hot and off the pan.

Well then, I found myself on the Minute Burger stool and looking up at the menu. I ordered a combo which consisted of a cheeseburger and a small drink. Knowing how relatively light these burgers are compared to regular fare in your local Jollibee, I ordered an additional bacon cheeseburger.
In a couple of minutes, I had my sandwiches. They tasted just as they had before, years ago, which is not bad at all. The bacon burger was pleasantly filling, and the fried bacon on top was good, solid meat, not fatty or soft at all. All of this for under a hundred pesos! Yummy!

Okay, it was not at all a fancy repast, and the fact that I was pretty hungry at the time helped. But I can honestly say it was a nice change of pace and a nice flashback of my younger days as a burger eater. Maybe I should skip meals at Megamall more often. Heh.

No comments: