Tuesday, March 28

The Beginning of the End



Here's the first official image from The Last Angel, my next comic book project. There, I've said it. From here on in, if I'm working on a comic, it's this book.

Yes, this is the thing I've been calling "The Last Angel Ace Story". The change in title is to make this graphic novel a stand-alone book, so you don't really have to read the past Angel Ace comics to figure it out (but it would be a lot better). Yes, it does continue the story from the most recent releases of Angel Ace- The Again! series and Angel Ace Next, and stars the same characters. However, the book itself will go far beyond and before the events so far released to make this it's own story independent of any other release.

What's the story? Well, I don't want to spoil anything but a lot of it you can probably infer from the image above. Suffice to say, this is the end-all, be-alll of the Angel Ace series. There will be the same stuff readers of Angel Ace have come to know as familiar with the title- action and humor with liberal dashes of fan service. However, I intend to go a lot deeper into the characters this time around. There will be new stuff to go with the old though- including stuff I never thought I'd go to or go as far as. But I think it'll all be for the better of the story and the character.

I'm not sure how long development and production will take- I'm still hoping for a release within 2006. We'll see. I'll keep y'all posted as stuff happens.

No comments: