Thursday, April 20

Silent Hill

Silent Hill the movie is NOW SHOWING locally! Incredibly enough, this creepy gem snuck into local theaters without my knowing it. I guess there really isn't too much hype about it, but I'm pretty sure Playstation gamers will be lining up to see this.

I've been excited about the Silent Hill movie adaptation ever since I first heard that this classic survival horror game was getting the movie treatment. Seeing the awesome trailer has just fueled the flame of my enthusiasm. If it IS showing, I'm making it a point to get caught up in the haunted small town over the weekend. Review to follow, of course.

Directed by Christophe Gans (Brotherhood of the Wolf) and starring Radha Mitchell, Laurie Holden and Sean Bean, the Silent Hill movie is all about a mother's search for her missing child after they are both sucked into the town of Silent Hill, a place which seems to exist in another, parallel, demonic dimension. The movie is based on a best-selling series of videogames by Konami of Japan.

No comments: