Monday, April 30

Heroism



The pace of life these days is weird. I spend a lot of my time collecting and acquiring stuff, but afterwards have little time to actually enjoy these things immediately. I'm like a pack rat, grabbing stuff when I see it and lugging it off to The Sanctum to be digested later. A couple of years ago, it was VCDs and DVDs, anime, games and movies. Currently, it's still comics and videos downloaded online. However, while piles of stuff get stockpiled, I usually don't get to look at them until a fine layer of dust has already settled on top. It's strange- often I get more enjoyment from anticipating looking at stuff than actually looking at the stuff. An odd variation of the old saying, "it's not the destination but the journey".

Still, I DO get to pause every now and then and look at the acquisitions. And the good thing is, at least with comics, anime and TV series, when I finally do get around to looking at them, I usually have the WHOLE thing to enjoy without having to wait too long for the next chapter or installment. It did well for me with DC's 52, the Bleach anime and Naruto Shippuuden.

And now, Heroes. While this sensational series has been capturing the hearts and minds of both comic book fans and non-believers alike for months already, I've been elsewhere. And now, when I've finally gotten around to watching it- I've got NINETEEN fricking' episodes at my fingers. WOOHOO!

Anyway, I've gotten past the first two episodes and the prognosis is good. The characters are cool, the pacing quick and tight and the plot so far has me hooked. Oh, and Nikki the Schizo-killer Single Mom is DAMN HOT. Heh. Anyways, it's a toss-up whether to draw KAI pages while I'm watching episodes, but both might suffer, so I'll have to alternate. I've got a day and a half of pause for now, so I'll do my best to use every second. Or just play a shitload of Virtua Fighter. Oh well.

No comments: