Sunday, April 6

Life's a Beach

Tomorrow, I get up hours before the crack of dawn to the airport, off to the white sands of Boracay! It's been years since I last went down to arguably the Philippines' most well-known beach getaway, and I'm curious to see if it's changed again. The first couple of times I went there, it was pretty pastoral with cozy shacks and little makeshift eateries and inns. The last couple of times, there were full-blown hotels along the shoreline and a MALL in the middle of the island. I wonder if there are high-rises or a metro-rail already installed by now?

Anyways, it's part work, part bonus/break, so it should be nice. Bought new travelling short pants, swim trunks and everything, so I guess I'm kinda excited.

The last time I was there as well, the internet was still slow and wonky- hopefully by now broadband on the beach will be up so I can still surf without a surfboard if I spy a net cafe on the sands. Man, I am a net addict, am I?

Three days in Bora starts tomorrow. Later then, people! I'll snap pics.

No comments: