Monday, August 9

Cross-dressing Hero


The adventures of the first male ninjagirl are coming later this year.

Over the weekend I stayed at home working on pages. In particular, I inked the first four pages of Kunoichi Boy, my story destined for the pages of Questor Extreme Mangamania. Despite a long delay in the release of the next issues of both Questor and QEM, I have been assured that KB will indeed be on the lineup of manga stories in future releases.

I was pretty depressed when the mags seemed to stop and disappear, but now that it seems that things are going to start over again, I'm getting back into the groove. KB is one of my most unusual creations, and I am really excited to show off this title to readers. It's going to be an action-adventure with strong fantasy elements and of course liberal amounts of humor and romance... my models for the story will be my favorite anime and manga- Inu Yasha, Ranma 1/2, Ninja Scroll and Rurouni Kenshin... I'm not saying that KB will be as flashy as these titles, but at the very least I want the fun of these shows to be felt in Kunoichi Boy's adventures.

So far, I am not really sure how long my run in QEM will be. I'll be winging it, but hopefully readers will latch on the adventures of my ninja cross-dresser and we'll see the title go all the way to the end. Wow. That will be a first. Hehehe...

No comments: