Thursday, August 12

Pocket Moviemaking

I just rediscovered the fun of making short films... using my cellphone. I guess I was a bit inspired by Untamed Cinema's Grayson short feature. My Nokia 7610 has of course a camcorder function, which allows me to take vids of up to 10 minutes in length. Along with the phone comes actual editing software with which you can edit your footage, make cuts, splice together various videos, add music, simple visual effects or transitions from clip to clip (fade ins and outs). It's actually pretty cool and I haven't really played with it ever since I got my phone. Well, I started doodling and playing with it today and it's pretty fun. It only takes the phone, some knowledge of editing and fooling the camera and some silly ideas to make up a phone video short feature.
Of course, I probably won't be able to make my own Lord of the Rings film, but who knows? Maybe I might even post them to kick off my new career as a cameraphone filmmaker. We'll see. Heheh...

No comments: