Saturday, February 12

Underwhelmed

I just got the latest PSM Magazine and watched the included dvd. The disc primarily has stuff on the PSP, including a pretty cool run-through of the system's menus and almost an hour of clips from the various games. Sad to say, the games so far failed to impress me.
I mean, Ridge Racer looks like Ridge Racer. Metal Gear Acid looks boring and it's just NOT cool to have turn-based, card game mechanics run a stealth action hero like Solid Snake. Darkstalkers? DARKSTALKERS? You've got PS2 Tekkens, DOAs, Streetfighter III Third Strike and you launch with an OLD niche fighter like Darkstalkers? FEH.
Other stuff like Dynasty Warriors, the puzzle games and the starter RPGs just don't get me thinking "I have to get my PSP now!" Which is actually good in a way since I have a lot of other stuff to spend my money on.

Once again, I don't see myself buying a PSP anytime soon. Incredibly enough, I'm not too excited about it. It's plainly cool to see and hold and it's a great device, but without hot games, it's just an expensive not-a-phone gadget. Yawn.

Which does not mean I won't be doing cartwheels if I suddenly get gifted with a PSP, or find one lying in the street. But if I have to spend twenty plus thousand on it, I'm gonna have to be wooed by something better than the stuff so far revealed.

PSP Dead or Alive. Mmmmm.... Am I dreaming? Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: