Wednesday, March 23

Crappy Throat

For some reason, I suddenly have weird thing in my throat, so I have a weird feeling everytime I swallow. I’ve started gargling and taking vitamin C to keep this from developing into a full-blown sickness. Good think I don’t seem to have a fever or anything in the meantime… It would be really pretty crappy to be sick on a vacation.


NMDA

Took a little siesta, had an awful dream. It pretty much deals with EDSA and traffic, so I call it the NMDA, or Nightmare Development Authority… which is worse than our own MMDA, but not by much.
Anyway, in my dream the area of EDSA suddenly becomes cratered and tiered like the Grand Canyon from the NMDA’s many road projects. Now, to cross between the left and right sides of the main highway, pedestrians must navigate their way past a haphazard network of narrow, rickety bridges and ravine-like drops. My whole dream has me going through this horrid gauntlet before I finally make it to the other side of the highway
to wait for a bus. Along the way, I come to several seemingly impassable obstacles, making me go off on a tirade of anger against the NMDA. Eventually though I figure a way through the hell and make it to the other side of the road. I start waiting for the bus.. and well, it comes… crashing into the maze and bursting into flames. Nightmare, indeed.

Woke up and this nightmare is still fresh in my mind. Makes me think that in comparison, the real MMDA isn’t all that bad.

Nah. What am I saying? The MMDA are pretty horrible. They’re real.

Moving on, moving on…

No comments: