Tuesday, June 21

OH MY GOSH!


The NEW Fallen Angel, art by J.K. Woodward.

Thanks to El, I found out about this SMASHING bit of news. It's already been confirmed that my favorite and recently-cancelled DC Comics title Fallen Angel would be continued under IDW Publishing. Well, more concrete proof of Lee's resurrection has been revealed with the first artwork from the comic coming this December. The new artist for the upcoming Fallen Angel comic is J.K. Woodward, whose work includes Digital Webbings' Crazy Mary. I've never heard of this guy or seen his stuff before... but DAMN, I like it!

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, the quality of the art above won't be limited to cover images- according to writer/creator Peter David, readers can expect the same quality with interior pages as well. DAMN! My only hope is that Mr. Woodward can keep to the comic's supposed monthly schedule, churning out great art like that (he pencils, inks and colors everything himself, apparently).

WOOHOO!!! This is the best news I've heard so far in comics all month. I can't wait to get my hands on the New Fallen Angel later this year.

Fallen Angel is the story of Lee, a mysterious super-powered vigilante/enforcer/bounty hunter/avenger for hire in the shadowy, crime-infested city of Bete Noir. At times fighting against underworld figures, at times sleeping with them, the only thing sure about the Fallen Angel is that you don't want to be on her bad side. Written and created by Peter David, art by J.K. Woodward, coming this December from IDW Publishing.

Still on the topic of Angels though, there have been some developments in my own personal comic book angel, Angel Ace. My good friend and comics compatriot Dean has already more or less pre-empted a new AA book (heh), and this is true. And then some. But the circumstances, plot and magnitude of the next AA book will be totally unexpected and may bowl some people over. Details in a future post when I gather my thoughts about it.

No comments: