Tuesday, January 30

Taking Leaps

It's only about ten days to the release of Virtua Fighter 5 for the Playstation 3, and I'm suffering in the tormented state of gaming obsession. I've been waiting for this game for months. I bought a PS3 and an LCD TV just so I could play it the way it should be played, which pretty much makes it my most expensive game purchase EVER. That's okay though- you know it's a momentous game when it moves you to make the leap into new technology. Years ago, Diablo 2 moved me to purchase my first PC. I played the game to death, and when I finally moved on, the PC had become an invaluable, indispensable tool for me. I fully expect to play VF5 for a long time- perhaps up to when Virtua Fighter 6 becomes available, at least. But even now, I am really appreciating and enjoying the hi-definition visual goodness I've gotten along the way to acquiring the game.

It's these little things- things that drive us- that often push us forward to embrace new technology, or take a leap from our safety zones into new frontiers. Which brings me to the thought- what game will get me to someday have a brain jack installed?

No comments: