Friday, May 21

Pocket Theater: The Sequel

It's been about a week since I got Smartmovie, and I am still having fun with it. I've solved a problem about videos having no sound, and have more or less found my comfort level for video clip quality. The thing is, the higher the quality of your video, the poorer the frame rate and movement. So you have to find a balance between how your movies look and how they move.

So far, I've been encoding and loading stuff like fight scenes, anime excerpts, movie trailers and game footage into my phone. I always have the Kill Bill fight between The Bride and Go Go Yubari loaded, as well as the striptease swordfight from Final Flight of the Osiris (I could actually load that entire Animatrix episode, but why waste the space?). Another fun but heavy clip is the short film George Lucas in Love, a clever fictional work that never fails to bring a smile to my face. And new, better fight scenes are coming up all the time.

How about that funny zombie-fighting gunfight from Versus?

Or that cool ninja attack from The Last Samurai?

The Rohirrim charge in The Return of the King, and the battle with the Mumakil.

The Hector-Achilles duel in Troy.

The Burly Brawl from Matrix Reloaded. Or perhaps the freeway chase.

The possibilities of what I can put in and bring with me are endless. I'm also thinking of encoding a whole movie... but what? Perhaps the whole Ninja Scroll movie would be nice. I should start building a library of encoded Smartmovie movies. Or perhaps several episodes of my fave animes? We'll see. Perhaps I should get myself a 256 MB MMC Card already. Yes, yes... that's the ticket. Yes...

Hoho. Not just a phonewhore, I'm a videophonewhore! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No comments: