Monday, June 14

Circles

Over the weekend I had four different celebrations of my passage into the next year.

On Friday, I celebrated with my officemates and my boss (who also turned one year older) over trays of luscious cold cuts, cheeses, bread and wine. It was cool to just eat and drink and chat about fun stuff and not have to worry about work, if only for an hour or two.

Saturday noon was with the family, a gathering with the parents, siblings and their kids with the classic spaghetti, barbecue and chicken.

Saturday night was with my 'Now' crowd, the Comic Quest group. At Don Henrico's we trooped and sated our craving for Buffalo-style Fried Chicken drowned in ranch garlic sauce, complimented with three-cheese pizza, pesto pasta and enough bottomless soft drinks to replace our actual blood supply.

Yesterday night, I had my college friends over, and we had spaghetti, roast beef and barbecue under the stars as we reminisced about old college war stories and rummaged through our newlywed-friend Mayee's wedding photos.

All of it passed like a whirlwind, amidst wet evenings of rain.

Even though right now I finally feel the weight of all the effort running around like a headless chicken right now, I enjoyed every minute. It'll be back to regular living tomorrow, and so on and so forth until the next celebration.

Can't wait. Later, guys and gals.

No comments: