Wednesday, July 7

Bagman

When I got my Apple Powerbook several months ago, I had to purchase a bag to go along with it. Then I bought a nice black shoulder bag which fit the laptop nicely along with a bunch of other stuff. It was snug at my side, and I liked it.
Well, months later my right shoulder hurts like hell. I favor it since I just feel off-balanced when I hang the bag from my left. I guess it really just isn't good for me so I started thinking of getting a new bag. The option of course was a backpack, and I was actually eyeing the hardshell-backpacks used by hikers. Two of my friends at the office had them, and when I tried them on it felt quite light and easy to move with it... the opposite of what I thought it would be. My only problem was that the shell backpacks are pretty bulky, and it takes a darn too long a time to open up the thing... which will be a pain when passing by checkpoints in malls and buildings.

Tonight at the Cyber Zone in Megamall I passed by the Apple Center and looked over proper backpacks. The first bag I saw was big and had a good price... but then I saw a smaller and more compact bag which captured my desire. The price wasn't as small as the bag, but I got it anyway. Now my laptop fits in snug as a bug in a rug, and it hugs my bod like a monkey in heat. Vin says I look sporty now. Gah.

Anyway, now I've got bag-euphoria. I feel like I can take up my new backpack and walk ANYWHERE! Do ANYTHING! I can accomplish ALL that I set out to do!!! It's amazing what something new and fresh can do to your outlook.

I wonder if I'll feel like this in a few months of lugging the bag around? Oh well. Live in the moment, I always say. Heh.

No comments: