Thursday, November 4

Indrid Cold

Last night, while I was playing DOA Ultimate on my Xbox, I noticed high up on a wall in the corner of The Sanctum was a moth. It was a big, yellow moth. Not your usual brown, wide-winged mariposa, but it was an insect nonetheless. It sat there, unmoving as moths do, or don't as the case may be. This is a sign that I have been letting the upkeep of my realm a bit awry. I'm really a stickler for clean, believe it or not. And I regularly do try to keep things tidy and organized and neat. However, the past couple of weeks has my VCDs in a jumble, games and doo-hickies all about, and mags piled up where I should be drawing artwork. I think the moth's a sign that I should schedule a clean-up this weekend in between DOA gameplay and KIA pages or something bad's going to happen.
BTW, Indrid Cold is the name of "The Mothman", an urban legend and contemporary mythical monster that appeared in America up to recent years- an eight-foot tall, shadowy winged humanoid with burning red eyes that seemed to enjoy peeking into houses and disturbing couples making out in shadowy fields. The Mothman was the subject of the Richard Gere movie The Mothman Prophecies. The film was pretty cluttered and heavy-handed, giving the obscure myth the power to read minds and cause disasters while on the side tormenting a Washington Post reporter (Gere) with visions of his dead wife. I actually liked the quirky film, urban legends and monster film buff that I am.

Anyway, in the morning the moth was gone. Was it a figment of my DOA-infused imagination, or was it a true portent of the future? We may never know...

No comments: