Wednesday, February 16

Iron-Fisted

I finally got to play Tekken 5 after several days of watching freaky Tekkheads who seem to spend both their salaries AND working hours ON this thing. The really irritating thing about there being only ONE machine is that you have to share it with these blasted pro-level players. You spend almost 20 pesos only to get your ass kicked by some jolog who has dedicated his motor skills to mastering infinite combo juggle strings. It's CRAZY.
Which reminds me my most hated thing in Tekken- how someone can just pound you again and again and again before you can ever even stand the frick up. It started in the horrible Tekken 4, and it's still here. It's just wrong to spend dozens of pesos for seconds of game time since you get KILLED by someone using the same move again and again.

Anyway, as I reported earlier, the supposedly deceased Heihachi IS indeed alive... somehow the old geezer survived getting blown up in Honmaru temple by attacking Jack Robots. I guess after all this time, his flesh is so hard it's indestructible. Anyway, once old Hei's unlocked, he's the third to the last character you face in the Story/Arcade mode, right before Devil Jin and End Boss Jinpachi.
Characters I've seen kicking arse are Hwoarang, Nina and Jin... fast characters who have easy and safe combos and moves that just hit and hit and hit seemingly without any recovery time.

PAH. When I get the home version I won't NEED to play in the frickin' mall with these blasted fanatics. I can beat up people in the comfort of The Sanctum as much as I want. Late February can't come soon enough.

No comments: