Wednesday, February 8

Bogus Bento

Recently I saw the new KFC commercial about the new KFC Chicken Tempura meal (ninja-like waiter serves the dish shuriken-style), and when I got the chance to dine at the prime chicken place, I was set to order it. However, when I looked at the menu, my eye was caught by the new 'bento meal', which seemed to have the chicken tempura and a couple of extras.

Well, I ordered it and lo... I got this styrofoam package containing a meager serving of spaghetti (about three forkfuls), 2 pieces of chicken tempura, rice and a brownie.

This is probably the most un-bento bento I have ever seen. Well, the food wasn't bad but presentation-wise it was pretty crappy. It looked like those handout meals you give volunteers or extras on a TV shoot. Bleh. Just goes to show you that you should never go to a chicken place when you're in the mood for Japanese. I think.

No comments: