Sunday, February 5

XPedience

I finally made the jump from using Windows Me to Windows XP last night. Of course, being the PC noob that I am, I needed to bother my brother just hours before he had to rush off to the airport to get the stuff started. Afterwards though, I had to find my way through the rest of the installation myself. Still, after a bit I finally got the PC working on XP and already it's working far better than before. I had delayed going XP for the longest time since my old Video Capture Card only worked on Me... but with my new AV700 doing all my video capturing, that was no longer a reason.
My only glitch now is the weird way that my 80-Gig Hard Drive suddenly turned into a miniscule and only-barely adequate 35-Gig one. I'll probably upgrade to a bigger HD and have a nice new case for my PC (which sports a new Pentium 4 chip) very soon. Gotta start making the plans on that.

No comments: