Monday, January 17

MMORPG Newbie


Now this is my kind of party...

In the late, late hours of Friday (or the early, early hours of Saturday), I was getting my feet wet in the MMORPG genre, through the new 3-D online RPG Tantra. I got the game cd of the Tantra beta version free with a magazine, and since there aren't any fees (yet), I decided to try. The game looks pretty gorgeous, with really nice character models and backgrounds, though with my dial-up connection the animation was at best extremely choppy. I spent about an hour walking bout, trying to kill some basic monsters (and getting subsequently killed every time) and just trying to make heads or tails of the control scheme.
I'm not really an online RPG kind of gamer, but Tantras' world and designs interested me so I gave it a try. But unless I get a broadband connection to smoothen out the experience, I don't think I'll be making regular trips back to the Hindu-themed fantasy world, or any other online game for that matter. Most probably I'll be playing Champions of Norrath offline on the PS2 in preparation for Return to Arms this February.

No comments: