Saturday, October 2

Framed

After I broke my glasses a couple of days ago, I had to revert to my old pair of specs. Unfortunately, my old pair was a wire-frame pair that wasn't wide enough for my head. The stiff metal frame was tight, and the stems were literally biting into my temples. I was able to stand this a long time ago, before I finally changed to my present pair... so I thought I could stand two weeks with them on.
I lasted two days before I finally threw up my hands. The constant irritating pain on the temples simply would not stop, so I just said "Enough is enough" and walked into Sarabia Optical in Megamall.
At first I was just asking if I could have the stems replaced, but in the end I bought a new frame altogether. Luckily, it wasn't hard to find a similarly-shaped frame, but this time with the nice adjustable stems which yielded to the shape of your face. AND it only cost me less than P500, instead of the 2k+ price I was being given in Vision Express (DAMN... Maybe I should have had my glasses made there instead... GRRRR...). Anyway, I had to walk around a bit sans glasses again for a bit before finally getting my new temporary glasses.
Actually I feel pretty good with my new pair- they look good and they fit me great now, so I now have a nice backup pair of specs when I get my present glasses back in a couple of weeks. Coolness.

No comments: